The Societal Challenge 5 Work Programme for 2018-2020 focuses on moving to a greener, more resource efficient and climate-resilient economy in sync with the natural environment.
Sustainable development is at the heart of Societal Challenge 5, and this Work Programme contributes to many of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals, including sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth; climate action; responsible consumption and production; industry, innovation and infrastructure; sustainable cities and communities; clean water and sanitation; and sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems.
Call – Building a low-carbon, climate resilient future:
- Climate adaptation, impacts and services
- Inter-relations between climate change, biodiversity and ecosystem services
- The Cryosphere
- Knowledge gaps
Call – Greening the economy in line with the Sustainable Development Goals
- Connecting economic and environmental gains – the circular economy
- Raw Materials
- Water for our environment, economy and society
- Innovating cities for sustainability and resilience
- Protecting and leveraging the value of our natural and cultural assets: Earth observation
- Protecting and leveraging the value of our natural and cultural assets: Nature-based solutions, disaster risk reduction and natural capital accounting
- Protecting and leveraging the value of our natural and cultural assets: Heritage alive
- Specific support and implementation aspects